All mod cons
As well as analogue inputs including an excellent phono stage to connect a turntable, it incorporates a hi-res DAC with digital inputs to play music from computers and smart devices.
And there’s Bluetooth, too, for those who prefer to stream wirelessly from their smartphones and tablets.
We’ve also added our signature sonic ‘optional extras’.
XBass+ cleans up and restores a richer deeper bass line.
3D+ helps to recreates the spaceness of a live stage performance.
Adjust bass and spatial performance with ease as all signals are processed in the analogue domain.
Listen via your favourite headphones.
Or add a pair of connected speakers. Our LS3.5 bookshelf speakers are designed specifically to go with the Retro 50.
Whatever you choose, you’ll be immersed in gloriously rich, pitch-perfect, expressive sound.
Enjoy your music, your way.
Stream from your set top box, smart device or computer via S/PDIF or USB port.
This new circuit significantly reduces the loading seen by the main amplification circuit which improves the circuit inherent linearity while allowing it to drive even punishing 600 ohm studio inputs with impunity. The power supply filtering has been increased 5X in value.
More than ever, one can hear ‘into’ the recording itself with the blackest of backgrounds and every nuance, inflection is picked up by the system.
The 3DHolographic+® for speakers takes high end systems to another level.
It corrects spatial distortions and increases the width of the soundstage beyond that of the speaker placement.
Provides adjustable levels of bass control to enhance listening enjoyment through speakers that have limited bass extension.
- Wireless Input: Bluetooth (aptX): 1
- Digital Input: USB (DSD512/768kHz/2xDXD): 1, Coaxial (192kHz): 1, Optical (192kHz): 1
- Analogue Input: Phono(MM/MC Low/MC High/Line 3): 1, Line 1: 1, Line 2: 1, 3.5mm (share with Line 2): 1
- Outputs: Loudspeaker Output: 1, 3.5mm Headphone Output: 1 (Output impedance 3.5mm < 3 Ohm), 6.3mm Headphone Output: 1 (Output impedance 6.3mm < 6 Ohm)
- Power output (Music): > 25W(majority Class A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion(THD): < 0.2% (@ 2.83V/1W)
- Output bandwidth: 10Hz ~ 60kHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 80kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > Amplifier 101dB (@ max output), > Phono
- MM: 90dB(A) & > Phono MC: 80dB(A)
- DAC Dynamic Range: > 113dB(A)
- Tone Control: Bass(100Hz) +/-8dB & Treble(10KHz) +/-8dB
- Analogue Signal Processing (ASP): XBass, 3D Holographic
- Phono Gain: 38, 50, 62dB
- MM: 220pF//47k
- MC: 200pF//330R
- RIAA Accuracy: Tubes: 2 x ECF82; 4 x EL84X
- PCM: 768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz
- DSD 512/256/128/64: 24.6/22.6/12.4/11.2/6.2/5.6/3.1/2.8MHz
- XD: 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz
- Filters: Minimum Phase (PCM 192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz), Bit Perfect (DXD/PCM 768/705.6/384/352.8) & Analogue (DSD)
- Power Supply: AC 100V-240V
- Power consumption: 75W - ~0.1W (Standard mode)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 300mm x 153mm x 226mm
- Weight: 5.8kg
- Sensitivity: 90dB/2.83V/1m
- Freq response: 60Hz – 20KHz
- Drivers: 4.5″ (115mm) Paper Cone Wideband Driver & 1.1″ (28mm) Silk Dome Tweeter
- Crossover: 10KHz acoustic crossover, no electrical crossover on Wideband Driver & Frst Order High-Pass on Tweeter
- Enclosure Principle: Transmission-Line port, Solid Bamboo Enclosure & Acoustic Active Tuning with minimal damping