Res’ing it up!
The nano iDSD Black Label plays Hi-Res audio up to DSD256
so you can enjoy your tunes in the original format just as the artists intended.
Getting into MQA? The nano BL is MQA ready. Use it with Tidal Masters on your computer or mobile.
The mighty nano
The nano iDSD Black Label is small but mighty with 10x more amplification power than an iPhone.
It can drive most headphones and has our iEMatch technology built-in, so it can work with In-Ear-Monitors (IEMs).
The in-built iFi iPurifier means it delivers clean, quality music with no buzz, no hiss and no fuss!
Brilliant balancing act
The iFi exclusive S-Balanced circuit provides all the benefits of balanced outputs such as low-noise and less distortion when used with headphones and IEMs fitted with balanced wiring.
For single-ended headphones, S-Balanced cuts crosstalk in half. The benefits are ‘clearly’ audible.
Fancy getting technical? The nano BL has a Listen option (Minimum Phase Bezier Filter) and a Measure option (Linear Phase Transient-Aligned Filter) for those who like to try a variation to the playback.
We say just switch it on, plug in your device, and listen away.
There is no going wrong with 10 hours of battery life.
This precise, analogue volume control is normally found on items at a much higher price point. Its transparent sonic nature delivers a smooth sound with no loss in music retrieval. It delivers the sonic goods.
Zero Jitter® equals good audio. Is it essential to have a very precisely buffered digital signal before it goes to a DAC.
We pushed the envelope even further by doing this not only with the nano iDSD BL‘s USB input, but the rest of the digital interfaces as well.
This unit has up to 10 hours of non-stop playing time. Always make sure you switch it on first and then plug in your device.
- Input (rear): USB2.0 male type A “OTG” Socket (with iPurifier technology built-in)
- Output (rear): 3.5mm line out
- Digital Filter: 2 positions, 2 filters
- Outputs (front): 2 x Headphone Audio 3.5mm, Direct and iFi iEMatch, compatible with balanced and single-ended connections
- Clock: Low-jitter crystal clockAudio
- Filter–PCM: Listen(transient optimised minimum phase); Measure(frequency response optmised)
- DAC: DSD, DXD, PCM DAC by Burr Brown Bit-Perfect DSD processing, Bit-Perfect DXD processing
- Formats: DSD 256/128/64/12.4/11.2/6.2/5.6/3.1/2.8; DXD384/352.8kHz; PCM 384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz;
Line Output and General
- Dynamic Range(Line): > 109dB(A)
- THD & N(0dBFS Line): < 0.004%
- Output Voltage(Line): 2.15V (+/-0.05V)
- Output Impedance: < 240Ω
- Channel Separation: > 99dB (@ 1kHz)
- Jitter(correlated): Below test set limit
- Amplifier: Dual Mono 2 x 285mW Direct Drive, coupling capacitor free circuit for highest fidelity
- Volume Control: 3.5mm TRRS with Balanced compatible wiring
- Dynamic Range(including DAC): > 109dB(A) @ 3v (Direct); > 107dB(A) @ 0.5V (iEMatch)
- THD &N (@ 125mW/30R): < 0.005%
- Max. Output (<10% THD): > 3.5V @ 600Ω Load (Direct) (20mW/600Ω); > 2.9V @ 30Ω Load (Direct) (285mW/30Ω); > 1.7V @ 15Ω Load (Direct) (200mW/15Ω)
- Output Impedance: < = 1Ω (Direct); < = 4Ω (iEMatch>)
- Channel Separation: > 79dB @ 600Ω Load (Direct); > 79dB @ 15Ω Load (Direct) (1kHz, TRRS plug Balanced wiring)